Thursday, May 5, 2011

Who, Me? Elegant?

Kids can be cute. We were talking about adjectives today, and how words are more powerful when you pick the most descriptive one. One example that they looked up in the thesaurus was "pretty", because it's over-used. When I asked them to give a synonym for the word, one young lady said "elegant". I asked her to tell me the difference between just plain pretty and elegant. She said:

"It's like how you dress for school, Mrs. Sack. You always dress up and stuff...but you're not, like, too fancy."

That is awesome. I'll take it. A 13-year old just called me elegant. Best. Day. Ever. And then I ran a mile with them during track practice, so please excuse my slightly greasy (how unelegant!) hair.

Have you complimented someone today? It can make all the difference.





Shirt: GAP Body, Necklace: vintage (thrifted), Skirt: Banana Republic (thrifted), Shoes: vintage 9West (thrifted), Bracelet: FMS Huskies Fight Child Abuse (leave a comment, send $1, and I'll get you one, too!)
Please pay no attention to my unsighly legs. It's been a long winter.

6 comments:

  1. You look so classy! I love the hair today too. I don't think it looks at all greasy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elegant? I have some stories for your class that may change their mind. But yes, I suppose your outfits are quite classy indeed. (If they only knew) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute shoes! And don't you worry about pale legs - I live in South Florida (which hardly has a winter) and I have even PALER legs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this look! I love your three strand pearls. And that flowy skirt is amazing! So glad I found your blog! Now following.

    Hope you'll follow back!

    Ask the Duplex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elegant works for me! You definitely don't look over-dressed but you have a class about you. The skirt is absolute perfection!

    Find me at Just Take a Bow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its the pearls! I have a pair on today and had a comment on then.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!