Monday, May 16, 2011

I Paid Retail!

That's right, I bought a dress at Old Navy...for $10.00. It blew my allowance for the week, but it was worth it.

My favorite kid comment about my outfit today: "Mrs. S, those earrings are as big as your ear!" Truer words were never spoken. They are big.

There are only eight-ish days of school left, and I couldn't be happier. Don't get me wrong, there are days when I love my job, but these last few weeks of school are not them. The kids, the staff, and the teachers are all ready to blow this pop stand. I can't wait to have both weekend days all to myself (I usually grade and plan on Sundays)...not to mention actual weekdays, too! Hopefully my posts will be more interesting as I hop around the state of CO.





Shirtdress: Old Navy, Cami: Downeast Basics, Tights: OP, Belt: n/l (thrifted), Boots: Miz Mooz, Earrings: Target, Bracelet: Bejeweled4You (my Mom's Etsy business)
No, you wouldn't be the first person to tell me that I have unusually bony elbows. My brothers already took care of that.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous look! Love the denim and how you broke the solidness with a belt. I am following you now. Our styles are very similar, please come by sometime :)

    xo Nav
    http://navlandstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been admiring that dress for a while, but I have another similar one and can't see owning two. I love the way you styled it in a Western way without looking like a costume.

    Thanks for finding my blog, I'm following you now too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this dress! And $10 isn't bad at all. Well done. I've always wanted to wear a dress like this, but I don't think I'm the right shape or size. They always look really goofy on me. But you look stunning. And you know I love big earrings!

    http://www.iheartcolorado.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm coveting those classic camel boots. It's already summer here in South Florida so I can't rationalize the purchase now, but they'll be in my closet by winter!

    http://www.longenecker-storyshort.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    What an awesome find for $10!! It looks great belted :)

    Kelly
    Enterkelly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dress! Definitely at steal at $10. I also really like the brown tights and the cognac boots together.

    Shopping and Spreadsheets

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww you are so in the home stretch! Great boots!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!