Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Blazin' Amazing!

I was so excited when I saw this blazer at the thrift shop. I usually don't go for puffed sleeves, but this just felt...so right. On the kid-compliment scale, it scored a whopping 3 points! (The current record is held by my Hurley hat that I wore on hat day. They are all a bunch of brand-slaves.)

It rained like crazy today, so it was the perfect time to wear a winter outfit that I haven't quite put away yet. And my boots are probably going to make an appearance tomorrow, since the high is going to be a paltry 52 degrees.

It's supposed to get warm for the weekend, though. Good thing, because the river is rising, my friends, and my little rubber raft is just begging to go out for the second whitewater rafting trip of the season! Let the summer fun begin...(in 2.2 weeks)!




Blazer: vintage Daniel (thrifted), Shirt: New York & Company, Cami: Downeast Basics, Pants: Express (about 8 years old...sad), Boots: Me Too
Depending on how warm / cool I got today, the belt migrated from the jacket to the shirt. So versatile...so sneaky.

7 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I love the jeans and blazer look! It reminds me of when we were TAs and I wore this outfit almost weekly in an attempt to look more like a college professor. You, however, look highly fashionable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those pants!! My wide legs are from Express too. I love their jeans. That's pretty much all I wear. I think puff sleeves on a blazer are so feminine. Great profesh look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ash I need blazer help... I want a couple blazers that I can wear to the office and also dress down and wear to school for that fabulous law school chic look... Send ideas my way if you have 'em... And I don't need to tell you I need them to be seriously affordable options... Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blazer is awesome on you. It fits you so well. I love finding a great jacket thrifting, it can be so versatile.
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!