Sunday, June 5, 2011

God Willing and The Creek Don't Rise...

Just so you know, my post is the title of a phenomenal song by Ray LaMontagne and the Pariah Dogs. I can't get enough of that guy. You can see the video, God Willing and The Creek Don't Rise, on YouTube. Love it. If you like Mumford & Sons, you will like this. Me? I swoon.

This saying was on my mind because we took photos down by the river today, which is getting higher and higher by the day. It's an amazing thing to see...branches being swept downstream, plants being overcome by the rising waters, waves appearing where rocks used to be. I love summer runoff...it makes all the winter snow and cold worthwhile. I love to just listen to the sound...



Cami: stolen from mom (sorry, Mom), Vest: Timing via Ross, Pants: Gap (thrifted), Belt: Banana Republic (thrifted for $2.00!), Shoes: Chaco flips, Necklace: n/l (consigned)
My summer outfit requirement? Must be able to ride my Vespa without showing passersby too much skin. Short shorts? Out. Skirts? Yikes. These pants? Amazing. They are like 1,000 spf sunscreen when I'm out and about. As you can see, I have lately skipped the sunscreen on my lower arms. Don't you love a good farmer's tan?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!