Friday, June 17, 2011

Am I Going On A Safari? Maybe...

...okay, I'm not. But I still kinda liked this outfit, though I thought I should also carry a canteen and a high-powered rifle. Good thing that skirt wasn't khaki. Or there weren't any lions around.

We went up to Salida today for the FIBArk (First In Boating on the Arkansas) festival, which is filled with food, beer, great bands, and lots of kayaking. We watched a few of the kayakers play in the playwave, then had some delicious teriyaki chicken and noodles (why is fair food so stinkin' good?), walked around the town of Salida (lovely), and then took the scenic drive home...along the raging river.

You know what would have made this outfit? The $6 scarf that I refused to buy at a thrift store. Six bucks? That's highway robbery for a thrift store. It woud have gone on my hat...but alas, it was not to be. I have to stick to my buget, and that would have blown half of it! Sigh. The sacrifices...







Shirt: Jamaica Bay (thrifted), Cami: Downeast Basics, Skirt: Ann Taylor (thrifted), Bracelet: made by the cool guy at the Chacos booth! (free), Shoes: Chaco (of course), Belt: Eddie Bauer (thrifted), Hat: Liz Claiborne
I don't think this is my most stylish outfit, but I did feel pretty dressed up compared to those who were wearing cut-offs and tye-dyed shirts. It's all about perception...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!