Saturday, January 21, 2012

Seven Months!

Ahhh, weekends. Today was "get out of town" day, and my husband and I drove 45 miles upriver to the tiny town of Salida, CO. It's strange to me that a town like Salida, which is pretty remote, can be so much cooler than my town. There are yoga studios (we have none), ethnic restaurants (we have Mexican and Chinese), artists' shops (we have perma-garage sales), and funky craft stores (we have one quilt shop).

It was fun to peruse the downtown area and eat at a Cambodian cafe. I had the pho, which is pronounced "fuh" for those of you who are not in the know...as I was about five hours ago. It was delicious.

I'm wearing the same ol' stuff lately, and this is my favorite shirt and pair of pants. They fit well, show of my adorable (and very round) baby bump, and can be work for work or weekend. That's my idea of a "cute" outfit these days.


Shirt: Old Navy Maternity, Vest: Old Navy (thrifted), Pants: Ross, Shoes: Keen
On the way home, we stopped to take a short hike to this super-cool (no pun intended) icefall. Ah, the joys of winter. Short, chilly, hikes and bowls of warm soy-infused soup. There's nothing better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!